[stella] New to 2600 Programming

Subject: [stella] New to 2600 Programming
From: core dump <core_dump_000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 22:59:06 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

I've been playing the Atari 2600 since I was a kid and
the other night decided to get into programming. I've
sort of touched Intel ASM before. I downloaded several
manuals and text files, the DASM assembler, and a
sample program (How to Draw a Playfield). I've been
goofing around with the code and doing different
things. I noticed that the drawing of the playfield
occurs with .byte commands. What do the hex codes
mean, and how does the .byte command work, so I can
customize with my own colors and drawings?

-core_dump