Re: [stella] Homebrew-Homepage-Screenshots

Subject: Re: [stella] Homebrew-Homepage-Screenshots
From: "Erik J. Eid" <eeid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 21:07:48 -0500
At 01:07 AM 11/12/01 +0100, Manuel Polik wrote:
One thing I noticed [on AtariAge's games in development page], is that the pictures for 'Incoming' on it's homepage look like very poor done mockups, instead of real screenshots, which they in fact are.

So my suggestion would be using the GIF format instead. I think it'd even produce smaller pictures in most cases.

Albert Yarusso, one of the maintainers of AtariAge, told me that he prefers the "non-lossy" picture formats such as PCX, BMP, and PNG. I believe that GIF is a lossy compression format.