RE: [stella] Joystick Port Baud rate...

Subject: RE: [stella] Joystick Port Baud rate...
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:37:56 +0100
Hi Chad!

>>But I need to read only, with SWCHA being a constant
>>input. Could that possibly allow higher rates, like
the
>>ones Chad experienced somehow?

>It really just depends on what else you want to do
while reading the
>data.  As I've said before, I had a working serial
download system running
>at 38.4 kbps.  It's really just a matter of how fast
you sample the input
>line, and the jitter imposed by whatever timeout
function you use to
>indicate when to sample again.

For the project I've in mind, that rate would already
allow me passing the first k.o. criteria :-)

If I pass a few more hurdles in the concept stage, You
can expect me ordering a cuttle cart soon :-)

>If you only read the port, and thus don't change it's
configuration, the
>400 uS delay does not apply.

Excellent!

>But if you throw something together, don't forget to
adjust the levels of
>the RS-232 input down to TTL before feeding it to the
Atari.

I anyway need to do some, uhm... what's the english
expression... hm... optic-isolation?

Let's try it this way:

I need to secure two separate circuits parted via an
optical interface, since the signal I intend to feed is
not produced by voltage, but by current swing.

Greetings,
	Manuel