Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: Final Release Version

Subject: Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: Final Release Version
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:10:03 +0100
> Can someone please confirm, for (hopefully!) the last
> time, if these binaries work fine on real PAL/NTSC
> consoles?

I tried your binaries on my Cuttle Cart and on my 7800 RAM
cart. They crashed everytime because of the "hacking
prevention code". After hacking the PAL ROM (I just had
to replace one RTS with a NOP ;-) ) the game played fine
on both of my consoles. I don't know if there would be
a difference between Randy's EPROM cartridges and the
RAM systems that I used, but obviously the "checksum"
is different between the emulators and my real VCS setup.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg