Re: [stella] Copy Protection

Subject: Re: [stella] Copy Protection
From: "Albert Yarusso - AtariAge" <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 09:27:40 -0600
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
> I don't agree here, since is marking all(?) hacks with [h]. So he's not
putting
> them on the same level. And he also marks pirates ROM with [p], that's
> something even AtariAge is currently not doing.

Not yet, but we do have plans to do that.  We keep hacks totally separate of
the main rarity guide now, on their own page.  We feel that only original
titles or games released commercially (even pirated games) should be
contained within our main database listing.  Now that we are adding foreign
titles, we'll modify our pages to reflect which games are simply ripoffs of
other titles, along with a link back to that title.  Many of these games are
simply hacks in their own right, but because they were released commercially
in cartridge form where people could buy them, we feel their inclusion is
important.

 ..Al
Albert Yarusso (albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
AtariAge.com - Atari News, Rarity Guides, Discussion & More!