Re: [stella] Copy Protection

Subject: Re: [stella] Copy Protection
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 08:50:29 +0100
John wrote:
> I actually agree with this, up to a point.  I'm not sure who the central
> authority should be, but I'd like to know even now, which ROM images
> represent authentic original games.  In some sense, I consider the good2600
> guy with his ROM renaming program to be the bad guy.  He's legitimized the
> ROM hacks by putting them on the same level as the originals.  I think he's
> doing a disservice to the 2600 community.

I don't agree here, since is marking all(?) hacks with [h]. So he's not putting them on the same level. And he also marks pirates ROM with [p], that's something even AtariAge is currently not doing.

> I'd like to see a utility that will go through a collection of ROM images,
> restore the 8.3 filename that it was originally dumped under and then delete
> the rest.

That's a very good idea. (if you replace "delete" with "move" :-)

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |

Berufsunfähigskeitversicherung von Mamax bei WEB.DE.
Jetzt informieren! http://bu.web.de