Re: [stella] Copy Protection

Subject: Re: [stella] Copy Protection
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 15:06:39 -0600

> Why is the fact that a thief made money at something the deciding factor?
> At this point I think the creativity and originality is what should be
> rewarded with our memory.  And the original artists should have their own
> place unsullied by the copy cats.

I think there should be a dividing line between pre 90's and post 90's hacks. Pre-90's hacks are much more interesting to me as a collector since the 2600 was still in the market. I guess it's just fascinating that they got away with it. Some of them had licenses too, like Playaround.

The modern hacks don't interest me that much except for the improved versions of games. Like "A Better Pac-Man" and "Asteroids Vector Edition". It's just interesting to see what could have been done. Well, and "The Real Donkey Kong" is just funny.

-Paul