Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Poker solitaire source, versions 012 & 014

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Poker solitaire source, versions 012 & 014
From: Jake Patterson <jpatters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 04:09:30 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 cybergoth@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi Jake, Brian!
>
> Uhm... did already someone suggest a 'Backwards Mode' for Poker
> Solitaire, where the goal is to score as low as possible?

Well, one need not have an official "mode" to do that...  actually, now
that I think about it, since the best possible "lowest" score, zero, is so
eaisily attainable compaired to the best possible "highest" score, (235
was it?) that it might be desirable to contrive a better "low" mode by
filling in a significant part of the play area automatically, like half,
with random cards.  It would be cool if it derived your final score by
subtracting the points "already there" by the initial random deal from the
score after the player placed cards are placed.  That way, the goal would
be to add as few as possible points to the random situation with half of
the spaces filled.  Just thinking out loud.