Re: [stella] Re: Poker Solitaire

Subject: Re: [stella] Re: Poker Solitaire
From: "B. Watson" <urchlay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 18:50:42 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 17 Nov 2001 apeboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> It works fine on my PAL woody (via Cuttle cart), although the red cards are
> green (changed RED to $62 and RED is red for PAL).

Ack! Somehow your email from 2 weeks ago ended up in my `spam' folder, have
to find out what's wrong with my filters...

Anyway, good to hear it worked on PAL.. I plan on adding a compile-time
option to build a PAL version with the appropriate constants defined..

Have you tried any of the more recent builds?

> Have you considered using the missiles as a 9th bit on the left side of the
> cards for symmetry?

I hadn't even thought of it, but it's a very good idea!

> >> Definitely cool.  The shuffling impression is perfect.  You can't get
> >> this kind of animation on a bitmapped display without 100+MHz
> >> processing.
> >>

> Yes, it is a good effect, and will be a good addition to the 2600 library
> when finished.

Actually, there's all kinds of useful code in there, to anybody who wants
to write a card game. I haven't been posting the source code for every single
test build that I posted the binary for, but this is definitely an `open
source' (lowercase o and s) project... I may or may not get carts made from
Hozer, and I may or may not try to sell any, but I will post the finished
source & bin to the list & probably also on atari2600.org...

B.

(wonder why you were in my spam filter? somebody else @optusnet.com.au may
have sent me some spam...)