Re: [stella] Jacobs ladder (wayyyyy off topic)

Subject: Re: [stella] Jacobs ladder (wayyyyy off topic)
From: Jake Patterson <jpatters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 14:24:48 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Chris Wilkson wrote:

> If you want to build a Jacobs Ladder, you want a high voltage.

Personally, I prefer the mechanical kind of Jacob's Ladder.  You know,
with the wooden slats strapped together in such a way that a hinge is
formed that can open and close on opposite sides of two joined slats.  I
built one where each slat is 18 inches on a side, and the whole thing is
8 feet 2 inches tall, counting the gap between each of the five slats.  I
wonder what the world record is.