Re: [stella] How to make Stella (please help)

Subject: Re: [stella] How to make Stella (please help)
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:19:46 +0100
Phantom of the Opcodes wrote:
> Hmmm. I've just had a look around the djgpp web site... assuming you're using
> djgpp version 2, it looks like you can choose between gcc 3.0.2 and 2.95.2,
> but using the `zip picker' on the site only gives you 3.0.2... I don't know
> a lot about C++ (I'm a C guy, when I'm not busy being a Perl guy), but I do
> know that there were major changes to the C++ compiler between the 2.xx and
> 3.xx versions of gcc. You might try 2.95.2, it looks like you can just
> download the files & unzip them:

Thanks, you're right, version 3.0.x caused the problems.

Now, if I could compile without running out of virtual memory, I would be completely happy :-)

> ...so I can't give you my modified Stella source... but, can I give you a
> .diff that you can apply to your unmodified Stella source?

Yes, please send it to me. I managed to recompile Stella and now Thrust isn't crashing the emulator anymore, but it behaves quite strange. Does it work with your version?

> Bradford Mott, are you still on this list? Does distributing patches to be
> applied to Stella violate the intent of your license? (The letter of the
> license doesn't say, one way or another, but the intent is what counts)

There was a thread about illegal opcodes in February where Brad was asking for info about illegal opcodes: http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/200102/msg00105.html
That was his last post to the list, so perhaps he isn't doing any Atari stuff anymore.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |