Re: [stella] Synthcart

Subject: Re: [stella] Synthcart
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 18:03:14 -0600

Would it be possible to add a syncronization input (like "din-sync", used in old drum machines) so that the 2600/Synthcart could play in time with other instruments and computers? Now THIS would be cool..

I've been considering doing this, and I do believe it would be possible. I'm not going to do it on the current Synthcart because few people will use something like this, and I've already delayed the release several times. But I may later release a Synthcart+ that supports it.

I'm thinking the sync would be connected to one of the controller ports, and what would be ideal is if I could add the sync AND still use a keyboard controller on the same port. I'll have to look at the Atari schematics.

I will probably need a little help with the circuit if I do it.

-Paul