Re: [stella] help! distella -> dasm case sensitivity (fwd)

Subject: Re: [stella] help! distella -> dasm case sensitivity (fwd)
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 12:58:12 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 1 May 2002, Adam Wozniak wrote:

> It is fairly simple to hack the DASM source to behave
> the way you want it to.

Errmmmm.....yeah.  But I can't program in anything above ASM unless it's
BASIC.  Or Perl.  So I don't have any reason to have compilers around.
Therefore, I can't even compile something that someone else wrote.

Sorry to beat a (un)dead horse, but what version of DASM is the defacto
at this point?  IIRC, DASM 2.12 was the "official" version for people
who share code on this list, with someone making a customized version
for us?  Or am I completely off?

> The patch below modifies two functions;  the symbol table
> is now hashed in a case insensitive manner, and the symbol
> table lookup tries an caseless compare when an exact match
> fails.

Those would both be useful.

> The patch below is against DASM 2.15

Ahh....is that the version?  Where did you snag it?  Are there
binaries available?  (I'm running Win2k...this evil is required
by my thesis work.  Grrr.)  What are the differences between 2.12
and 2.15?

-Chris