Re: [stella] help! distella -> dasm case sensitivity (fwd)

Subject: Re: [stella] help! distella -> dasm case sensitivity (fwd)
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 09:56:14 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 1 May 2002, Manuel Polik wrote:

> Hi Chris!
>
> >Though I really would like to turn off case sensitivity
> in DASM.  Any way to
> >do that?  It would really help speed up testing for the
> new TIA....
>
> Uhm... which case sensitivity?
>
> Actually DASM compiles everything, even stuff like
> "lDa". At least the unmodified DOS version offered on
> Robert Colberts page. Especially DiStella output
> compiles again immediately without any problems.

Yeah, the DiStella thing was just the lack of a processor statement.
I added it and it ran fine.  The DOS DASM from Robert Colbert's site
is the one I'm using.  But it won't compile the following:

	ldx	#2
	lda	$282
	and	#8
	bne	skip
	ldx	#0
Skip	stx	VSYNC  ; I get an error on this line

I forget the exact error, but I think it's "unkown label" or something
close.  Anyway, making the "S" in "Skip" a lowercase "s" lets it compile.
(It's not the "VSYNC" that's the problem...it's definitely the "Skip".)

???

-Chris