Re: [stella] Poker Squares / Laseresal

Subject: Re: [stella] Poker Squares / Laseresal
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 21:28:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Manuel Polik wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> Since I haven't heard any news from these projects in
> ages, I just wanted to ask if they're probably dead.
>
> Brian, Andrew what's going on?

Dead? It's not dead..

Basically what happened to me is that I started a new job, took a break
from 2600 coding, and haven't come back yet... er, though I should come
back, since my `short break' has extended to almost 6 months now.

I've been lurking on the list all along..

As far as Poker Squares, I'd say the actual game code as last released is
about finished. There are a couple of minor features I'd like to add, but
nothing that seriously affects the gameplay (well, a smarter/more random
shuffler would affect the gameplay, but only for people who cheat!)

The remaining stuff to do:

 - Design a cart label
 - Write a manual
 - Get carts made

I'm not planning on trying to make money on this, I just want people to
get the full `classic 2600' experience from the game. Unless somebody
has a good reason for me not to, this will be a Hozer Video release.

The trouble is I'm a lot better at writing code than I am at designing
manuals/labels/anything graphical..

Fear not, though, Poker Squares is alive and kicking (and now that you've
mentioned it on the list, I won't be able to stop thinking about it...)

Later,

B.