[stella] Counters layout

Subject: [stella] Counters layout
From: "Fabrizio Zavagli" <rasty@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 21:59:12 +0200
Hi everyone!

I'm currently going to add counters (lives and level) on the bottom of the
screen in Space Treat and would love your advice on which of the current 2
soultion I'm working with looks best.
At the moment, I've drawn 2 possible layouts, which I'm attaching as an
image.

The first uses (should use) player graphics to display remaining lives, on
the bottom left. That leaves me with one more player sprite that marks level
by representing the current fruit, a-la pacman, on the far right.

In the second screenshot, missile graphics display remaining ships, so I'm
left with 2 sprites to display the level number.

Please note that the level number is also displayed before each level
starts...

So.. what's your favorite (or what's the least horrible)?
Any better ideas?

Thanks in advance for your comments!
ciao,
Fabrizio.-