Re: [stella] supercharger good; busted code bad

Subject: Re: [stella] supercharger good; busted code bad
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 20:36:55 +0200
> Have people been able to isolate the potential "gotchas" of using a
supercharger to test your code? I think I've heard some 2K and 4K
> images have problems, but I don't know if there's something a homebrewer
> can do to make it more or less likely to work via the supercharger.

The only thing you need to make sure is that you don't access
addresses $FFF8 and $FFF9, as these are special registers for
the Supercharger. If you accidentally access $FFF8 in any form,
you will change it's RAM/bankswitching setup, which might crash
your game.

> But I had a bigger problem: my code doesn't work on the real thing,
> dang it.  It works great on StellaX and Z26 (!) but not via the
supercharger,
> and not on PCAE (though it breaks differently on PCAE)

I downloaded the binary from your website (It's the version from
july 6th, right?), and it seems to work normally on my Cuttle
Cart. Did you try any other binaries on your Supercharger to make
sure that your setup is working properly?

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg