Re: [stella] Help Interpreting Code

Subject: Re: [stella] Help Interpreting Code
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 14 Jul 2002 05:06:13 -0000
> From: Roagie <roagie@xxxxxxx>
>
> > Here's another quick question while I'm at it. Is there an adavantage to
> > using hex, for example, when defining player graphics? It seems to be much
> > easier to use the binary notation. i.e. $20 = %00100000
> > You can design your sprite right in the code in this manner! There has to
> be
> > a downside, what is it?
>
> Only that it requires more typing.  $20 and %00100000 are treated
> exactly the same by the assembler.
>
> Often if you see $hex graphics it's because they came from a disassembly,
[snip]

I've been thinking that writing out the binary is probably clearer
than using hex not just for graphics, but for a lot of special registers
that use "oddball" bits...

I see friends shaking hands / saying 'how do you do?'
they're really saying / 'I love you'
and I think to myself / What a wonderful world"