[stella] button questions

Subject: [stella] button questions
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 17 Jul 2002 02:19:04 -0000
Ok, I figured I should try to get a better understanding of
the INPT4/INPT5/VBLANK thing...
in my experiment, it doesn't seem to matter if I
	LDA #%01000000
before
	STA VBLANK
instead of just letting it be #0
So I guess I don't get the implication of the
whole latch thing...

Also, I guess I'm still dumb about the bits...
if it's just setting D7 of INPT4, can't you still
use the usual BEQ/BNE, or do you have to use BMI ?
Doesn't LDAing a D7 value effect Z? (actually, I'm
really confused,

	LDA INPT4
	BNE ButtonNotPressed
	LDA YPosFromBot
	STA COLUBK
ButtonNotPressed

*always* skips the COLUBK...I mean shouldn't that be zero
or not zero depending on whether the button is pressed?)

[Stegosaurus] Two words: spiked tail. "Oh, so you're sneaking up
behind me to eat my delicious body? WHAM! Spikes! For you! In your head!"
--Brunching Shuttlecocks, http://www.brunching.com