Re: [stella] Star Fire 2600: Star Background

Subject: Re: [stella] Star Fire 2600: Star Background
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:38:48 +0200
Manuel wrote:

>The Star background is done with 1LK precission.

IMO, a 2LK precission wouldn't be worse. Maybe even looking better
because the shape is more square.

> So I'd be still short of *calculates* ~ 8 cycles in that line... :-(

You can save a lot of additional cycles if you wouldn't have to exchange
the contents of Y over and over.

E.g. You could use an (adjustable) pointer for the crosshair (instead of
a fixed value) and (by using my "skipDraw" code) should be able to use
only one Y counter for the whole kernel. We already have discussed this
trick here during the development of Qb and Gunfight.

> Hey, wow. You got me, the 'suicidal try & error coder' into *thinking*
> about such things ;-)

If found that thinking is often easier and faster than "try & error" :-)

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

All inclusive! 100 MB Speicher, SMS 50% gunstiger, 32 MB Attachment-Grosse,
Preisvorteile und mehr unter http://club.web.de/?mc=021104