Re: [stella] Interlace screengrab

Subject: Re: [stella] Interlace screengrab
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 19:29:37 -0700
Glenn Saunders wrote:

> I'm surprised how many of us here don't have access to a real 2600 to see
> this in action, so the screengrab, I hope, is welcome.

Of course it's welcome.  It helps to highlight the importance of this new
technique.  It's a very cool thing.  Kind of like Mode-X on the IBM VGA
cards.  Actually it brings to mind a question that you are probably in the
best position to find the answer to, which is:  Did the original Atari guys
know about this?  Maybe they did, but decided not to use it because it's not
universal or something like that.  I guess the universality of the trick
will come to light with experience.  Many people need to try the demos on
many TV's to see how it looks.

John