[stella] my programs aren't good enough at doing nothing

Subject: [stella] my programs aren't good enough at doing nothing
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 27 Aug 2002 03:30:25 -0000
Hrrm...I dug up Thin Red Line and realized that even it
has the same problem as my later code...if I change the
background color to non-black, I see a black line at the
top.

Looking at Rodrigo's "Thin Blue Rod" routine
(yeesh, sounds like a porn flick)...he doesn't have
this issue. But he's doing line counting, rather than
the timer. (Incidentally, Rodrigo, I think most people use the
timer instead of counting lines because that way they don't
need to make sure that all their calculations during vblank
fit into scanlinesized chunks)

Just for a lark, I decided to mess around with the timer...
it turns out if I put 45 or 46 into TIM64T the main line
goes away, though there is still a small line underneath it.
But making the timer wait for more doesn't make intuitive
sense to me...anyone know what's going on?

Here's the code. CHange the #43 to #46 to see the effect
I'm talking about...

; thin red line by Kirk Israel

	processor 6502
	include vcs.h