Re: [stella] my programs aren't good enough at doing nothing

Subject: Re: [stella] my programs aren't good enough at doing nothing
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:11:01 +0200
Kirk Israel wrote:
>Hrrm...I dug up Thin Red Line and realized that even it
>has the same problem as my later code...if I change the
>background color to non-black, I see a black line at the
>top.

The reason for that is, that you are disabling VBLANK somewhere
(depending on the timer value) in the middle of the scanline.
Just add 'sta WSYNC' before 'sta VBLANK' and the long line is
gone.

>Just for a lark, I decided to mess around with the timer...
>it turns out if I put 45 or 46 into TIM64T the main line
>goes away, though there is still a small line underneath it.

The small line is coming from HMOVE (for details search the
archives for 'HMOVE;blank') and can hardly be avoided.

Have fun!
Thomas