[stella] textpad syntax files

Subject: [stella] textpad syntax files
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 29 Aug 2002 00:06:06 -0000
Hey there...
Been thinking about getting my TextPad mojo working...
did some searching on Stella, looks like Glenn and Thomas
beat me to it.

The one thing I'd really like to see though is the ability
to colorize *any* "word" (whitespace delimited)that starts with
the # sign, so constants like #%10011001 or #23
would get a special color. Do you think that's possible? It seems
like the syntax file format is pretty limited and special-cased, alas.

(This colorization would hopefully stop me from making a mistake I've
made twice now...for some reason I'm always tempted to put
%00001000 and not #%00001000 into REFP0, though at least the second
time I was able to catch it myself :-)

Hey, in researching that on Stella I ran across
"Tentative plans for 2nd Edition Stella Guide"...
anything ever come of that?  Obviously, it covers
a lot of the same ground I've tried to hit with 2600 101
but it sounded like it was aiming to be much more
comprehensive, and maybe less flippant...

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around,
 and don't let anybody tell you any different." --Kurt Vonnegut