Re: [stella] Euchre: Alpha (a little OT)

Subject: Re: [stella] Euchre: Alpha (a little OT)
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 23:13:35 -0400
Good heavens! I believe when you said you picked Euchre b/c it's simple, you certainly weren't talking about the rules! Okay okay, the American version really is quite simple if you don't count the right and left Bower jive, but the page describing how it's sometimes played by Australians versus Canadians (who often don't cut cards, don't you know) versus the British who don't live in Cornwell versus those crazy Brits in Cornwall who play with six cards a piece... Some countries using Benny's and the Yanks not... Sheesh! Not to mention the way to keep score in America with just one two and three... goodness.

I almost sent in a bug that the Jack of the trump suit beat a Queen, but then recalled the Right Bower beats anything (in the American version, otherwise you've got to recall the Benny, of course). Sheesh again.

Good work from my few games in Stella on Mac OS X.

Ruffin Bailey
http://myfreakinname.blogspot.com