Robot City v0.21 (was Re: [stella] Robot City v0.18)

Subject: Robot City v0.21 (was Re: [stella] Robot City v0.18)
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 16:02:20 +0200
Fabrizio Zavagli wrote:
>It would maybe be a little less confusing (at first) to
>include the Wall Density in the more generic Difficulty
>setting.

Maybe, but which density is more difficult? I think, different
densities change the type of strategy, but not the overall
difficulty. So it's hard to combine them.

See attached version 0.21, where you can change the density
with the left difficulty switch. There are a only a few small
other changes in this version:
- improved fuel display (but still no function behind)
- hitting tanks from the back has become a bit more tolerant
- larger tank missiles
- some minor bugfixes
- ...

>Also, will difficulty increase automatically as you progress
>in the game, or is it only up to the player?

Yes, it will slightly increase (mainly due to more speed) from
maze to maze. E.g. when you start at difficulty 1, after a few
mazes the difficulty reaches the starting value of 2 and so on.
With each major difficulty level some extra obstacle will be
added or changed (e.g. number of tanks (3 or 4), reviving
tanks, helicopter damage, harmful debris etc.)

>I believe that customizing the games you play is a great
>option, but there also should be a "main" game to start
>with...

Yup, that's what I will do. Maybe not only one main game, but
between 3 and 9 different ones (with different difficulties,
and maze densities).

Have fun!
Thomas