Re: RE: [stella] Space Instigators - Final Version (?)

Subject: Re: RE: [stella] Space Instigators - Final Version (?)
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:38:34 -0400
Dennis wrote:

>Also, I was shot by the invaders and didn't see the missile come down.
>Just out of the blue, my ship was destroyed. This tends to happen when
>the invaders get low enough to remove the shields.

Fixed, thanks!

>Oh, one other thing. When you finish off a wave you might want to pause
>the action a little before the new starts. When you finish a wave, the
>player jumps immediately into the new wave with no time to breath :)

What, you think when the Greys finally invade, they're gonna just let up for a bit while you catch your breath? Ha!

Thomas wrote:

>In the arcade game, the invaders have different widths, making
>them harder to hit (especially the top row). So I think, making
>the top row invaders 2 pixels smaller, might add to the
>gameplay.

Hrm, you're right but it would wreak havoc with my collision detection routines. I'm not using any of the hardware collision detection because of all the duplication/multiplexing going on. I'd still be doing all the calcs I'm doing now anyway, except I'd also be checking the latches.... So, I could make them smaller and leave the collision detection the same (which would defeat the purpose) or I'd have to completely rewrite my collision detection routine for variable width columns. Umm, probably not....

Chris...