[stella] Space Instigators - Final/Final

Subject: [stella] Space Instigators - Final/Final
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 02:18:27 -0400
So, I did get an occaisional roll near the end of a level just as the Saucer comes out (and if you fire at the right time?). So I messed around with moving some more code out of the Vertical Blank. However, then I realised that the Saucer shouldn't be coming out anyway when there are so few Instigators left. So I made the Saucer stop coming out once there are only a few left and that should have taken care of it. (knock! knock! knock!)

All changes to this version:

- Waits for player to press fire to begin a new level.
- Fixed phantom death when Instigators were low (Shots were supposed to be turned off but I wasn't really clearing the shot).
- Fixed screen roll during Reset.
- Moved some code from Vert Sync to Overscan.
- Added an "explosion" when you're killed.
- Adjusted starting scanline and number of scanlines Instigators drop down each level.
- Adjusted rate at which Instigators speed up.
- Instigators will start shooting again (after they've stopped) if you kill off the bottom row(s).
- Saucer no longer appears once a minimum of Instigators is reached.

I'm happier with the difficulty now but it still doesn't get challenging until a couple levels in. But it never really gets "impossibly hard". Maybe I'll have "fast shots" turn on permanently after a few levels... (Yeh, that sounds right... Done!)

Chris...