Re: [stella] OT: Quiet list and Atari animated icons?

Subject: Re: [stella] OT: Quiet list and Atari animated icons?
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 12 Nov 2002 15:59:47 -0000
> Hey guys, was the last post to this list really on Sunday?

I was wondering why my inbox seemed so unflooded...
but aargh, I need to get to work on joustpong!

> Anyway, I hope I'm not violating policy too much by posting this but does
> anyone know where to find some animated icons preferably from 2600 games?
>  I guess I could make my own but why bother if they already exist.

The only one I know of is one I made myself,
http://www.kisrael.com/viewblog.cgi?date=2002.09.08
that I use as my avatar at atariage.com .

One tip if you do have to make your own: use z26, and then
-r30 the command line argument or lower to really crank down
the framerate...that way you can more easily get exactly the
moments you need to make your icons. (assuming you want little
looping character animations and not larger fullscreen ones.)

   "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt
    of in your philosophy...   ...because your philosophy sucks."
                 --Lore, "more things", brunching shuttlecocks