[stella] Kool-Aid Man - Fixed

Subject: [stella] Kool-Aid Man - Fixed
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 20:22:51 -0500
I know all of Europe has been patiently waiting 20 years for this (smile) so while I was in there anyway... Here's a fixed version of Kool-Aid Man!

Works fine on z26, Pcaewin and StellaX. Should be fine (as fine as any other NTSC game, anyway...) on PAL as well (Can somebody please confirm before I make it public?). Presumably should also work on those idiosyncratic Jrs...

I'm pretty convinced this was really a bug that was just fortunate to work out right. I don't see any reason for it to have been done this way except by mistake. The unpredictable results of changing HMP0/HMP1 right after an HMOVE are documented in the Stella Programming Guide and there's no benefit gained except the compatibiltiy problems so it probably just slipped through. [Or maybe Mattel's documentation didn't include mention of this? But then you'd expect that to lead to plenty of problems elsewhere... Anyone have Steve Tatsumi's number (smile) I'm sure he'd remember it like yesterday...]

For the record:

       STA    WSYNC
       STA    HMOVE
       STA    COLUBK