Re: [stella] Kool-Aid Man - Fixed

Subject: Re: [stella] Kool-Aid Man - Fixed
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 14:43:03 +0100
Hello Christopher,

I know all of Europe has been patiently waiting 20 years for this (smile) so
while I was in there anyway... Here's a fixed version of Kool-Aid Man!
<<

As I said in the PAL detection thread, most of the PAL VCSs
will not be affected by the score display bug in Kool-Aid Man.
If you really wanted to make us happy, you could fix the colours
to look good in PAL and make the game screen display an even
number of scanlines. Currently it does 261 lines, which leads
to the colour loss problem on most PAL TVs. You can try it
out in z26, if you start the game with:

z26 -o -c1 kool.bin

which will enable the colour loss effect and force the use of
the PAL palette.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg