Re: [stella] Maybe silly BS idea...

Subject: Re: [stella] Maybe silly BS idea...
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 22:15:09 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Thomas Jentzsch wrote:

> And another silly, but related question from me. ;-)
>
> If you have a 16K cart, with standard F6 bankswitching
> and this code in each bank:
>
> xff6:
>     nop
>     jmp x000
>
> What would happen? Which bank (0..3) would that code jump to?

Ooh....that's a tough one.  But I'd say it would jump to bank 3, like this:
It would access xff6 and get the nop from bank 0.  Then it would access xff7
and get the jmp from bank 1.  Then it would access xff8 and get the x0 from
bank 2.  No wait...little endian storage means it would get the 00 from bank2.
then it would read from xff9 and get the x0 from bank 3.  Then it would access
xffa in bank 3 and stay there.

I think.

-Chris