Re: [stella] My very latest trick :-)

Subject: Re: [stella] My very latest trick :-)
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 22:39:51 +0100
Manuel wrote:
>Phew... pulling Boulder Dash is definetely an ultra-hard
>task for the VCS.

Yes, and I like that!

>- The scrolling

Shouldn't be a big problem. I only have to reduce the playfield
to 11.5*x.

>- The cropped playfield of only 12*x

I think this shouldn't be big enough. IIRC there exists a
Gameboy version of Boulderdash too and there the playfield was
smaller than on the C64 too. Does anybody have a screenshot?

>The end result might become a perfect game like Dig Dug
>or a pile of crap like Mr. Do - or anything between :-)

Either perfect or nothing! :-)

>Paradroid or Dino Eggs (Ha! I know you like these!)
>might be better fitting the VCS I think - but it'd
>certainly be interesting to see with what solutions
>you'd come up for Boulder Dash, too :-)

Paradroid or Dino Eggs are still on my list.

Have fun!
Thomas