Re: [stella] The sad story about my Atari 2600 TV format conversions

Subject: Re: [stella] The sad story about my Atari 2600 TV format conversions
From: "Albert Yarusso - AtariAge" <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:39:56 -0600
> Now Atari Age is starting to do it so Randy isn't the only option, and I
> wonder what connection, if any, there is between AA providing competition
> and Randy acting up or whatever he is doing.  There could be some rivalry
> there.  It makes you wonder.

All I will say is that we tried to work with Randy from the very beginning,
as the XYPE authors will attest to.  Randy accuses us of trying to make
exclusive deals with the homebrew authors (completely false!), yet he was
attempting to do the same thing with XYPE and other games.  Randy stated
that he didn't want to see anyone else selling loose XYPE games, "ever".  We
had planned to send a great deal of business his way, but rather than try to
work with us he decided to go the completely opposite route.  The statements
Randy made about us (and Thomas and Joe Grand) on rec.games.video.classic
are completely false and can very easily be refuted.  He also privately
called us liars to several people, and that we are in this hobby just for
the money, without ever being able to back up his claims.

I agree that it is very unfortunate that this series of events came about,
and we never expected it to explode onto the public scene like it did.
Randy was in complete control of this situation and had many opportunities
to resolve it, but chose to escalate matters instead.  I believe that
everyone involved showed extreme patience when dealing with Randy, but you
can only take so much for so long.  And Randy finally pushed Thomas into a
very difficult position where he felt he had to go public, or privately
accept what Randy was doing to him.

Even after Thomas went public, we had no plans on saying as we didn't want
to make a bad situation even worse.  But then Randy made his public post on
usenet dragging AtariAge through the mud, so we were forced to defend
ourselves against his lies and false allegations.

 ..Al