RE: [stella] quick sprite replication Q

Subject: RE: [stella] quick sprite replication Q
From: "Dennis Debro" <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 07:58:13 -0500
Hi Clay,

> Just a quick dummy question...
>
> How many times is it possible to duplicate an identical player across
the
> screen, given an 8-pixel spacing between the copies?

Well, in theory I think you should be able to get 10. That is 160
positions on the screen / 8 number of bits for the player which would
give you 20 8-bit sections. So that's 20 8-bit sections but with one
player with 8 bits between, that would give you 10 players.

This would depend on if you can do a RESPx in enough time though. You
might want to look at Eckhard's New Trick? Thread at
http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/199708/msg00191.html. There
he's getting 15 players per line.

Take care,
Dennis