Re: [stella] Reading Paddles?

Subject: Re: [stella] Reading Paddles?
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 09:40:51 -0800
At 01:36 AM 1/11/2003 -0500, you wrote:
On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Chris Larkin wrote:
I wanted to point out that I had redone the driving controllers a while
back...added a couple of buttons (4 total, I think) and using up to 32
detent positions per revolution.  I did it with Death Derby in mind, but
other solutions were found, so I abandoned the project.

Do you think you could revive that project? I was going to get Junie to make something for me but you know what happened to him. I've got my simple Y-cable hack which adds 2 signals (joystick up-down as I recall) but of course two more are possible (via booster grip methods).

Junie was going to make a programmable Y-cable PDB that would remap all the missing signals. I'd still love to see this as it would be useful for any atari-controller compatible system.

Another project I had considered was redoing the paddles so that you could
read them once per frame, outside the kernel.  But there were no takers
on that.

The problem with both of these projects is they would add to the list of
2600 controllers that are supported by only one game.  :P

If anyone's interested, I could work one up for trials...

-Chris