Re: [stella] Reading Paddles?

Subject: Re: [stella] Reading Paddles?
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 11 Jan 2003 22:06:31 -0000
> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Ruffin Bailey wrote:
>
> > While we're on the subject of paddles, there was that neat-o controller
> > for some type of 2600 that served as both a joystick and a [single]
> > paddle if you rotated it.
>
> This was for the Coleco Gemini.  Yes, it's a neat controller.  But it limits
> you to 2 paddle controllers at a time instead of 4.

I had this, rebadged as the Colombia Home Arcade (with a pretty cool
monthly catalog/poster w/ featured game)

Though I think the paddle required use of a Y-connector...so you're
not limited to 2 paddle, but you need a little dongle to get any
paddle action at all.

Still, they were very decent controllers.  My favorites until that
little Amiga jobby, and then of course my beloved Epyx 500XJ...

 "The real problem with having mind-controlled zombies as my servants is that
  it's tough to get up a really sincere-sounding round of cheers when
  I've come up with a plan I think is worth cheering." --Maximus, X-Factor