Re: [stella] XYPE

Subject: Re: [stella] XYPE
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 13:30:49 +0100
Hi Glenn!

>Something that's been sort of bugging me lately...
>Could someone explain to me what XYPE represents?

Difficult question. We've been considered everything
ranging from "snobbery elitism consortium" to "the new
Activision". Actually the idea is to let it be free to
everyones own guess as to what XYPE represents to him.
;-)

> How do you become part of XYPE and what are the
> benefits? ;)

Don't call us - we call you.

I think benefits are given for the whole homebrew scene.

- The gamers will get better games.
- The collectors will get something to collect.
- The programmers get some extra motivation towards
  improving the quality of their efforts.

Well, the main benefit for the XYPE members themselves
(besides fame, women, glory and your own fanclub) should
be rather obvious I think: Brand Recognition.

Anyone who ever bought any XYPE title, will know that he
can't go wrong with buying any other game flying the
XYPE label. There's no title in the range I wouldn't buy
myself.

BTW: Xype release #08, Eduardo Mellos fantastic "Space
Invaders Collection" for the Colecovision, will be
released soon... ;-)

Greetings,
	Manuel