Re: [stella] Stella Emulator and .PRO files

Subject: Re: [stella] Stella Emulator and .PRO files
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:32:11 -0800
Rob wrote:

> I can scarcely believe Z26 will be *more* friendly to foreign
> operating systems.

The windows version uses SDL almost exclusively.  The only exception is the
occasional MessageBox.  SDL works remarkably well.  My main complaint is
that I can't control the refresh rate of the monitor.  You have to use
DxDiag to force Direct-X to use 60Hz refresh if you want to sync the game to
the monitor.  And the sound quality is great.  Even on XP.

We're using mingw and MASM to build the windows version so I know the GNU
tools can link the assembly code.  Matt Matthews has figured out how to get
it to build under Linux but there is some bug and it dies in startup.  So
somebody who knows how to use a debugger under Linux will probably need to
take a look at it.

John