Re: [stella] The Demo Image Series #0

Subject: Re: [stella] The Demo Image Series #0
From: "Andrew Davie" <atari2600@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:06:12 +1100
> Looks great.  I really like to weird look of the very wide pixels.  The
> interlacing looks nice and really reduces the flicker.  It just kinda
shimmers.

It's not actually interlaced - at least, it's not an interlaced TV frame.
It's kind of double-interlaced in that each individual scanline
alternatively displays RGB, GBR, BRG... and the lines are out-of-synch with
each other, so consecutive lines display RGBRGBRGB etc....  That is, while
one line is displaying the red values for that line, the next line is
displaying it's green values, and the one after that displaying blue values.
The next frame, the first line is displaying the green values, and the next
line is displaying blue values, and the next displaying red... etc.

Thanks for the feedback.  Seeking more opinions.  What is
annoying/unacceptable about this image?

Cheers