Re: [stella] Optimized color reduction approaches

Subject: Re: [stella] Optimized color reduction approaches
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:15:41 +0100
Andrew wrote
> Thomas is always a pleasure to work with and bounce ideas off.

Thank you, the same to you!

> Unfortunately, the AtariAge thread has attracted one or two people who don't
> know how to constructively encourage experimentation and progress - and
> instead belittle and/or disparage the participation of others.

Yes, and those people don't even stop when politely asked for. :-(

> Enough said - the fine Stella gang to the rescue!

AFAIK at least one of them is also a [stella] member.

> Personally, I am absolutely TOTALLY against a technique which requires
> hand optimisation/processing.

Me too. I just dont know/have a tool that supports the very special needs
I described. Do you???

And I don't think it would be an easy task to program a good one.

Scanline palette optimisation might be quite easy and migrating that
palette from line to line maybe too.

But you have to *combine* that with some advanced dithering algorithm
with feedback loops, backtracking etc.

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

Viren? Wir wissen nicht was Ihr Arzt empfiehlt. Wir empfehlen den
Virencheck fur Ihre E-Mail-Anhange! http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021159