Re: [stella] EPROM Emulator

Subject: Re: [stella] EPROM Emulator
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 21:07:08 -0600

The way I read it, it replaces the ROM itself.  (wonder how it handles the
different pinouts)  So unless you have an external bankswitch emulator (like
the FPGA built into the CuttleCart), you would only be able to handle 4K
carts.

You just stick it on one of Chris's bankswitching boards which gives you 4k, 8k, 16k, or 32k. I believe there are even some Superchip boards (Dig Dug?) where you can remove the ROM and replace it with an EPROM, so you could have Superchip support too. (I think that's how they released Elevator Action.)

-Paul