Re: [stella] Emulator or Console?

Subject: Re: [stella] Emulator or Console?
From: "Albert Yarusso" <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 00:06:16 -0600
Chris,

I don't know what your attitude is coming from here.  I asked you last fall
if you would give me a discount for volume purchases and your answer was,

"I don't offer discounts on large orders at this point.  Sorry,
but my pricing is set up to allow me to sell one or two boards
cheaply.  If I started offering quantity discounts, the price
for one-offs would rise considerably."

We never had any conversations about you being our "sole supplier" for these
boards, it just so happened that at the time you were the only person making
them.  And we didn't even buy that many boards from you, in fact, we only
once ordered them for our own use!  We had some carts made for CGE last
summer (Mr. Roboto) which were built by a third party using your boards.
Only last October did we actually order boards for our own internal
production.  We haven't been making carts that long, and there wasn't a
lengthy, historical relationship between us as far as these boards were
concerned.

I'm sorry if you feel that I should have told you about our plans to design
a bankswitch board.  With a larger number of homebrew games requiring more
than 4K, your stating that you wouldn't give volume discounts, Joe's
previous experience designing boards, and our selling of these boards
through our store, I don't think it was unreasonable at all for us to design
a new board.  It really was just a natural progression. Also, we are not the
only ones to have designed a new bankswitch board.

And nobody could have foreseen Randy's departure, and I assume he was the
largest user of your boards.  I am sorry you are upset.  We weren't cackling
in the back room about how how we'd slay the Chris Wilkson bankswitch PCB.

 ..Al