Re: [stella] Farewell...

Subject: Re: [stella] Farewell...
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:32:29 -0500
On Saturday 15 March 2003 09:05, Eduardo Mello wrote:
> There were a few times I took a little break myself. I stopped thinking
> about videogames and started to dedicate my time to something else. But
> after a while I've always got back with renewed enthusiasm...

I was pretty turned off on the 2600 scene for a while a few years ago, but all
I did was mark all my stella-list email read and eventually there came a time
when I was interested again.

At the moment I'm getting increasingly frustrated that I never have a solid
weekend available like I need to get a 2600 project from "design notes" to
"half done", at which point my OCD kicks in and I have a shot at actually
finishing something ;)

But I'm also pretty careful to limit my financial exposure in the hobby, which
isn't too hard since I'm not a collector of physical objects and am the
opposite of a hardware hacker.  From Chris' missend it sounds like recent
circumstances have been unkind to him and I think I'd get burned out and stay
burned out if such a thing were piled on top of my frustration at not having
time to devote to programming.

Rob