Re: Re: [stella] Please help with an overscan problem

Subject: Re: Re: [stella] Please help with an overscan problem
From: Dennis Debro <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:22:58 -0500
Hi Thomas,

First let me start off by saying that the @bellsouth.net in the subject was a copy/paste error ;)

> Hm, hard to tell, the subroutines called are missing.

I was afraid someone was going to ask. My code is separated into mutilple files so I can manage it better. I've combined them and am sending the full source. I tried it and it works the same. This build did report a branch out of range where the previous build did not. I can only assume I copied something wrong. I've changed it to a jmp (lost a byte).

> That sounds like a timing problem, as if in NTSC mode, you don't have enough time to do the calculations. Try playing with the timer values. If that doesn't help, I would need full source.

That's what I originally thought but doing a trace using Z26 shows there's still time left before overscan finishes.

> Did you try on other emulators?

I've tried StellaX and CyberStella. The problem with these is they don't show my ball at the top level. Other than that they seem to work fine too.

Thanks for looking ;)

Take care,
Dennis