Re: [stella] Turbo?

Subject: Re: [stella] Turbo?
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 21:17:43 -0500
On Tuesday 01 April 2003 17:02, Manuel Polik wrote:
> The background color changes must happen _timed_ and on
> _every_ scanline, so a real repositioning scanline can't
> be executed.

Not true.  Every frame (I'm assuming based on the two that were posted) has a
group of about 8 scanlines before the vertical area of the player's car where
the white part of the building goes all the way across - no green color
change.  If you were willing to put up with coarse movement of the player's
car you could actually deal with it without any hmove at all (or just use one
player for the player's car, and share the other among the other three with
the coarse positioning of no hmove.  Turbo wasn't exactly a smoothly animated
game on the CV either....)

These are more of reimplementation ideas than "how did they do it" ideas ;)
Now that the shots have been up for 26 hours I think it's time for whomever
did them to 'fess up one way or the other.

Rob