Re: [stella] Non-Recursive "Travelling Salesman" Solutions (Big Dig)

Subject: Re: [stella] Non-Recursive "Travelling Salesman" Solutions (Big Dig)
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 20:39:14 -0500
Julian wrote:

>Looks less like TSP and more like flood fill to me.

Aha! Thank you! I hadn't really considered it as a flood fill, probably because there are so many fewer points than a typical bitmap but you're right, it IS very floodfill. I'm fairly familiar with flood fill algorithms, however, like travelling salesman they tend to be rather recursive. I'm not so concerned about ROM space, it's RAM which is the real limiting factor whether it's filling up the stack with recursive subroutine calls or saving a list of points, RAM is going to be a problem.

Which is why I'm using these "brute force" approaches - There's almost no RAM overhead.

Thanks for the new thought! I'll have to consider this...

Chris...