Re: [stella] Non-Recursive "Travelling Salesman" Solutions (Big Dig)

Subject: Re: [stella] Non-Recursive "Travelling Salesman" Solutions (Big Dig)
From: Julian Squires <tek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 21:15:04 -0500
Hi Christopher,

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 08:39:14PM -0500, Christopher Tumber wrote:
>                   I'm not so concerned about ROM space, it's RAM which
> is the real limiting factor whether it's filling up the stack with
> recursive subroutine calls or saving a list of points, RAM is going to
> be a problem.

Right.  The method I proposed should use only a handful of bytes, unlike
the typical stack-of-segments approach.  I'm not sure how slow it would
be once implemented in 6502 assembly... it's one of those ``in theory''
it's faster than a simple brute force method, but only when the cases
get to a certain size.

Good luck!

--
Julian Squires