Re: [stella] 7800 RAM Cart

Subject: Re: [stella] 7800 RAM Cart
From: O_Scholz@xxxxxxxxxxx (O. Scholz)
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 18:12:58 +0200
Hi Chad, list

> Just so that we don't duplicate efforts. But if you want
> to develop a product of your own, that't fine too.

I should have looked at your link before I wrote the last
post; I didn't realize you had progressed that far.
Looks like a great gadget you're building there.

Our choices were a little different, because we wanted to
keep the cost down (hopefully under $50, not including
POKEY either though), so we had to compromise here and
there (one of them being targeting primarily the 7800
and not supporting all possible 2600 BS schemes).

Basically, it's a DevOS on a RAMCart, for those who
don't want to open their 7800 and solder inside of it,
with the added benefit of multiple bankswitching and
a POKEY on board. Ideal for those who want to play all
7800 games and also for those who want to run their
homebrews on the "real thing". Oh, and also for those
on a budget ;-)

Best regards,

-Oliver