Re: [stella] Star Fire: Warping!!!

Subject: Re: [stella] Star Fire: Warping!!!
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 15:41:25 +0200
Hi Christopher!

> I'm glad you changed the colour of your shots, it
> makes seeing the incoming shots a lot clearer without
> getting distractd by your own shots.

Right now I'm working on some more stuff you suggested.
Try level 3 in the attached binary ;-)
(In my original answer to this idea of yours I was
totally wrong, in the end it was really easy to do this
:-))

> You may want to shoot me but I thought the original
> shield indicators were visually much more interesting

;-)

> What is instead of squares though, you made them
> circles?

More fuss than it's worth I fear. Currently I use the PF
for the indicators. Using sprites instead would
introduce a lot of troubles, since I'm positionining all
spirtes/missiles/ball during VBlank and I'd have to
split the repositioning from the calculation if I use
these objects for the buttons as well...

> And then instead of turning them red from right to
> left, what if you alternated (ie: 6,1,5,2,4,3)? Just
> to balance the display out a little...

I'll try this...

> Just some thoughts, it's looking really good now!

Thanx for the continuing feedback! Excellent!

Greetings,
	Manuel